Firstly, I’d like to thank you for visitting my website, in this post we will have a detail look at electric pressure cooker. Should you use it and how you can find out the best electric pressure cooker for your family.
If you are new to working with pressure cookers you probably trying to figure out what type is better? Stove-top or Electric, the older generations are very familiar with the stove-top pressure cooker and I’m sure you have seen one in your day. The next generation of pressure cookers however is the electric pressure cooker. And for many an electric pressure cooker can make a big difference, even for those who are beginners when it comes to this type of cooking.
At first, before we discuss more about electric pressure cooker, I want to introduce some best products from Amazon at the moment.
Top 5 Best Electric Pressure Cookers[table id=2 /]
Stove-top Vs. Electric Pressure Cooker?
Stove-top pressure cooker
Stove-top pressure cookers maybe the one you have been more familiar with. Stove top pressure cookers are some of the first pressure cookers on the market below are some of the advantages and disadvantages of the stove-top pressure cooker:
– Cook the food 70% faster than normal cooking times.
– Have a visual valve alert- (the valve on the top shakes or jiggles)
– No digital control panel to set (Keep more watch on the pot)
– No digital alarm on the device
– No visual rod/pin to indicate pressurized
– No programming for more concise cooking
– No multifunction programs
– Heats up on stove-top (Slower heating)
Electric Pressure Cooker
Electric pressure cooker is an upgrade of all pressure cookers. They can handle more degrees of cooking and have several programs in which to work with. If you are a beginner this is a great product for you too have. There is little to it and it can work wonders in your kitchen. If you want to make a full meal but are limited on your time the electric pressure cooker is the way to go.
The best electric pressure cookers can have several functions including browning/saute, rice cooking, pressure cooking, pasta cooking, and other additional functions. There are several programs which allow you to adjust the electric pressure cooker accordingly.
– Easy plug in
– Float Knob/quick release
– Pressure valve with rod/or stick indicator
– Lid will not release unless all pressure is out
– Large/Medium digital control panel
– Easy cleaning
– Dishwasher safe
– Stainless steel and/or aluminum design
– Additional non-stick pan or pots
– 2 Level pressure indicator and alarm
– Even cooking
While all products have some disadvantages the advantages certainly out weight the disadvantages when it comes to the electric pressure cooker. Below you will find a few disadvantages of using an electric pressure cooker.
– No steamer (with some electric pressure cookers)
– Only 10 psi ( some pressure cookers only have one level of psi)
– Some are missing racks, non-stick pots, and other accessories)
Choosing the Best Electric Pressure Cooker – Step by Step Guide
If you are a beginner or an expert there are several things to keep in mind when looking for the best electric pressure cookers. For instance – Size, packaging, quality, your needs. Each electric pressure cooker is different.
There are several factors pertaining to what you are doing with the pressure cooker, size or quantity of what you are making with your pressure cooker, how often you use your pressure cooker, and even the accessories that come with the pressure cooker vs. what you need to purchase in addition to the pressure cooker.
Size: The size of each pressure cooker is different. Be sure that you get the pressure cooker that fits the amount of food you are preparing. If you generally cook larger meals than you probably don’t want to purchase a smaller pressure cooker. If you meal are typically smaller or you don’t can a lot of food a smaller pressure cooker would be enough for you and your family.
You can base on below quick list to choose the right cooker size for your own need:
– Under 5 litres: good for couples or singles or a small family.
– 5 – 7 litres: good for an average family from 3-5 members.
– 7.5 – 10 litres: this size is for large family with over 6 members.
– More than 10 litres: good for pressure cooking large amounts of food, which you want to store in pints or jars, for catering purposes or other semi-commercial venture, which requires you to cook for over 15 people a time.
Packaging: When you are purchasing your pressure cooker pay attention to what comes with your pressure cooker. Some pressure cookers may not come with a rack for your steamer, this makes it difficult to cook meat. or maybe your looking for a non-stick pan to assist you with easier clean up, and better cooking of pastas this maybe something you need to purchase in addition to your electric pressure cooker.
Quality: Quality can make a difference in your cooking experience, be sure that you do your research reading reviews, product descriptions, and even about the brands that are making your pressure cooker.
This can help you determine the best pressure cooker for you and your needs. If you are new to pressure cooking, look for companies that specialize in pots and pan’s apposed to ones that provide large scope of kitchen ware, this will ensure that you are getting the best product for your buck.
This is one of the most important parts of determining which pressure cooker to purchase. If you plan to make a meal or two here and there you may be okay without all the extras. But if you are a serious cook and you know you will be using the pressure cooker a lot you may want to ensure that you are getting top quality.
Not all pressure cookers are made the same and finding one that is great for heavy use is important. If you know you are cooking full meals you may want to get one that has a better reputation for rice and pasta, or is thicker for less difficulty with scorching on the bottom.
Main Features of Electric Pressure Cooker
There are curtain features that are pretty much universal when it comes to pressure cookers. Electric pressure cookers have slight variations so noting what is on the box or in the main features is important when making your decision on an electric pressure cooker. Below are some of the basic features of electric pressure cookers:
– Programmable functions (steam, rice, pasta, browning/saute, etc)
– Some come with either soup maker, or yogart makers
– One level psi alert (many come with 2 levels, be sure to check on the packaging or description)
– Medium/large digital control panal
– Pressure valve (Rod or Stick)
– Non-stick or Stainless steel pan/pot
– 12 or 24 hour preset function
– Adjustable heat control
In the end it is up to you to ensure you get the best electric pressure cooker. There are several makes and models for all levels of cooks. But knowing what you need for quantity, quality, and degree of cooking will ensure you get exactly what you are looking for in your cooking experience.
If you do not have any idea about where to start with electric pressure cooker, I highly recommend you to take a look at Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker (click the link to read our detail review). Based on a lot of customer and website reviews (and my own opinion), this is the best electric pressure cooker in the market now.
Click here now to check out the Best Electric Pressure Cooker at Amazon!!