Beef bourguignon is one of the most well-known French cuisine which is considered as the luxurious and high classic dish in all European restaurants. The flavors of tender beef mixed properly and gently with red wine will inspire the appetizing and leaves the pleasant feel in the mouth and longue of the eaters.
Beef bourguignon is commonly called beef steamed with red wine. The name interprets the easy flow of making the dish but the difficulty lies in the process to make the beef tender but flavored thoroughly with red wines and other seasons. The only key to the case is the time of steaming which can make the red wine and seasons to soak further into the fibers of the beef. And the case is in the next step addressed by applying pressure cooker. Pressure cooker can help to steam beef and condense the flavor of all seasons and sauces to the beef in the shortest but most effective cooking manner
- 300 g beef (gravy beef)
- 100 g fatty pork meat
- 300 ml red wine
- 50g mushroom
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 5-7 cloves of garlic
- 1 -3 dried rosemary leaves
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- ½ tablespoon of pepper
- 3 slices of cheese sauce or 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- 200-300 ml water/bone steamed sauce
- Peel the garlic, onion, carrot. Press the garlic. Cut the onion, carrot and mushroom into small cube pieces (2x2cm)
- Cut beef into usable pieces. Roll the beef with a thin layer of powder to make it stick to the seasons.
- Fry the beef in the pan of olive oil or cheese sauce to make sure that the beef can be yellow exterior and soaked with seasons.
- Pre-heat the pressure cooker. Choose the function of Steam with beef
- Add all ingredients into the pressure cooker, as follows:
– Fried beef
– Pork meat (for ones who would like to eat with flatty flavor)
– Red wine and water
Leave it for 25 minutes, in which first 10 minutes will be under the highest heat, the rest will be cooked with lower heat until being finished.
- Leave the pressure cooker for natural cooling by releasing the release knot on the top cover for 10 minutes
- Re-season the dish with salt, pepper
Best served in hot with bread, pasta, boiled veggies or ground potatoes. Rosemary leaves are chopped and placed on top to enhance herb flavor and add color value to this recipe.
– In case the beef hasn’t reached the tender as required, pour some more water and pressure cook for 5-7 minutes until being ripen.
– Chocolate sauce can be added to increase the flatty and creamy flavor.
– More fresh red wine can be added at the end of cooking if the flavor of wine must be stronger.
In the nutshells, beef bourguignon does it good to health thanks to its nutrients in beef and the wonderful match and mix of red wine – a factor which encourages the digestive enzymes for more appetizing and good digesting system of the body. A beef bourguignon is desired for all cold and gloomy winter nights at home altogether.