As modern and portable pressure cookers go, the Cuisinart series offers great value for money while providing all the essential features and options. Not only is it good looking, it makes your cooking easier, faster, and convenient. Let us explore the product in more detail…
What Is Cuisinart CPC-600AMZ – Basics
– The 6-quart electric pressure used reduces cooking time by 70%.
– It has a precision thermostat and a clear digital display.
– Not only do you have settings to pressure cook, you can also brown, simmer, sauté and warm meals.
– Both pot and trivet are dishwasher-safe and non-stick.
– The cooker also comes with cool-touch handles and a timer, making it quite convenient.
To start let us explore the various options the cooker can handle. Of course, instructions are readily available to help guide you on all these features. You can soften veggies quicker using the Saute option; you will not see any browning to the veggies. Different kinds of rice can also be sauteed, including Carnaroli, Arborio, and Brown rice. Your risottos and pilafs are now a cakewalk.
– You can rely on the Warming feature to keep meals nice and hot for upto 12 hours. The ‘Keep Warm’ is fully automatic, shifting to this option after pressure-cooking is complete, and turns on a LED light to indicate the same.
– Browning is not a far dream when it comes to this Cusinart model. You can now create that ‘look’ and flavor for your meals that you might have seen before only in restaurants and hotels.
– Yet another flexibility-bonus comes in the form of the Simmer feature. You can keep foods cooking while adding ingredients along the way. These dishes include risottos, sauces, and others.
– You can cook food on low pressure (6 psi) or high pressure (10 psi) as you see fit. There are settings available for this. Strangely enough, food-lovers have reported being able to cook recipes fine at 15 psi, which is something this cooker is supposedly incapable of handling. The temperature difference was minimal and cooking time was ideal.
– The smart timer adds to the modern convenience. It has 1-minute increments up to 40 minutes and 5-minute increments from 40 to 99 minutes.
Rounding off, it comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
Based on a number of questions posed online for the Cuisinart CPC-600, here are two of the most useful…
- The ‘AMZ’ in the name relates to ‘Amazon packaging’, meaning you get easy to open secure packing.
- The product is not capable of serving the role of pressure canner. For one thing, it is too small smaller than standard pressure canners. For another thing, it has no pressure guage only a pressure valve.
You do not have to worry about plenty of buttons or menu options. The Cuisinart CPC-600 is simple and intuitive. Push button controls make is easy to cook old favorites and some fresh new healthy ones.
– The Trivet is an interesting addition, allowing you the option to secure the Cusinart in a safe and stable area on the kitchen counter.
– The packaging (hence the letters ‘AMZ’ in the product name) make away with damaged or broken pressure cookers during transit. This feature sure does play to your money value and convenience.
– The cool-touch handle never heats up, no matter the temperature (either from the pot itself or the environment), adding to yours and child safety.
– It is dishwasher safe; just when you thought it could not get any more convenient.
Safety takes the form of AMZ packaging, bringing the product safely to you in pristine condition. Then there is the cool-touch handle that never heats up, making it safe to access the cooker at any time. You can see 70% less cooking times while preparing excellent and healthy meals for yourself, friends and family.
- It has shown to cook at 15 psi, which is technically not its capability but it does it anyway.
- Compared to conventional stovetop models, the durability of pressure cookers in the Cusinart range are often brought into question. The Cuisinart CPC-600 is above all this and has high durability. It is sure to last several years.
- Is it easy to clean? Well, the product did reach Good Housekeeping’s ‘Easy to Clean’ category under its pressure cooker reviews.
- It generates remarkably less heat and gives off very little scents/smells, making it great for use during summertime.
It automatically reaches the required pressure, adjusts temperature to maintain said pressure, and then shifts to the ‘keep warm’ feature once the number of minutes programmed into it for cooking the meal has been reached.